Thursday, February 11, 2010

Change: It Starts In Me

I'm getting back to the time when I first took a step backward to pick up a piece of candy wrapper and throw it in the garbage can without being told. From that day on, whenever I see trash, the trait just comes out naturally. It was an indeed small thing, though. But as I perform my daily life, it continues to sprout and bloom. From tiny buds grew flowers which made it more colorful. That happening in my life changed me and molded me to become better. And yea, I'm proud it started in me.

Indeed, great things come from small beginnings. And, as a student today who has visions and dreams in life, I can do more. One thing is studying hard. Through this, I can inspire my fellow youth. I learn something and I can use that something to correct my wrong notions on things in my surroundings. Obeying my parents also helps. This could be so petty, but this is a good start to become a good citizen of the Philippines,. The ability to follow rules and regulations is a big difference.

But, it doesn't stop there- I can also develop my sense of responsibility and cultivate a good relationship with people around me. I can be a role model, keeping that faith in God.

See? These things are just simple things..but we can make these things great.

The change started in me. And it continues to develop forever..

No comments:

Post a Comment